The NEW SEO – How to rank at the top of Google search results
Updated: Jul 23, 2018
Our long time client, LUV Hair Salon ranks high in google search results! Building their engaging website was the first step, but how did we create effective SEO and get it to rank at the top?
In this piece, I will talk about how we got there and 5 tips that might help you rank better in Google search results.
1. CONTENT CONTENT CONTENT! – If you didn’t know already, this is now the most important aspect of SEO. You must be current, up to date with your web presence and constantly producing material for your social media channels, blogs and website. Driving traffic from all your engagements back to your website is the key. Website traffic tells Google your site is very active and will put you higher on their list.
If you want to rank high with Google, your site needs traffic and no extended dormant periods. Google rewards a website with ongoing traffic flow.
2. Mobile responsive – Google just announced they will be migrating to “mobile first indexing”
If your site is not mobile responsive you will not rank high on Google search result pages.
3. Your website has some key back end wording components that needs to be optimized. Page titles should follow Google’s format. Each website page needs accurate informative short descriptions that need to include one of YOUR set key words within the description. This can be a little complex so it’s nice to have a professional SEO specialist on your side.
4. Google Ads – If you’re spending money, you’re showing up. Simple as that! The more you spend the more you’re in front of people eyes. And of course, if you’re spending money with Google they’re spending time with you.
5. Research your keywords – Google provides a great free keyword search planner.
Simply type your keywords and see how many people search those keywords. You may find new ones you didn’t think of. And you can adjust yours to best match what people are actually searching.
If you would like to learn more about SEO and how to rank better please don’t hesitate to call or email us. firstname.lastname@example.org